Benefits of being a part of Seattle Metro Pickleball Association
Our benefits to you as a player may seem small right now, but there is a lot on the horizon. For now, your voice matters, and as SMPA approaches the City of Seattle Parks to advocate lining underutilized tennis courts, or plead for more indoor playing time, player numbers matter, too. Putting a face to pickleball players when we deal with municipal parks departments or publicly promoting Seattle area pickleball is something SMPA can only do with the guidance and support of the hundreds of players who show up every day across the city to get in a few games of this beloved paddle sport.
What can we do?
We want to work together to:
- increase the visibility of the sport for the local officials and departments who control our access to local indoor and outdoor sports courts.
- demonstrate how Seattle Parks and Recreation can add pickleball lines to existing tennis courts, as is being done around the USA.
- improve existing indoor facilities (correct the NVZ line) at all Seattle community centers.
- work with adjacent metro area communities to improve playing facilities for pickleball.
- put Seattle on the international Pickelball map as a place to visit, stay, and play pickleball.
Discounts on equipment
When you join the Seattle Metro Pickleball Association, okay, SMPA, you can use our discount code when you order paddles, balls, and other gear from our local suppliers Pickleball Central in Kent and Smash Pickleball in West Seattle.
If you aren’t already a member of the USA Pickleball Association (USAPA), you are missing out on the biggest national collection of players, videos, tournament results, pickleball wear, and information about where to play when you travel. Visit them today at www.usapa.org for more information.